Friday, July 17, 2009

You Just Can't Make fun of People's Accent

Pejaq , Que and Bibi those are some example of people who I use to make fun of. Not because of their appearance , well maybe for Pejaq’s case it was , but the people I made fun of because of their accent . Yeah , livin’ at East Coast state , their accent quite different compared to other state in Malaysia. With the additional of g , for the Ganus and removal of g by the Kelates . They face difficulties to adapt the standard accent to be used . As they trying to adapt , some of us tease them , make fun of them because of their accent . Including me . Always make fun of them , happy for myself and sadness for them.

After SPM , got an offer to UiTm for Hotel Management , I’m really top of the world but there’s one problem , location Dungun Terengganu . The birth place of the people I made fun of will be my new location to pursue my dream .

Arrive at Dungun . Registration completed and go to my room . Whoa Ho!!! All of my roommates are from East Coast . OMG !!! I’m totally lonely for the 1st day . Not that I were self-involve but I don’t have the confidence to be friendly.

When I was in form 4 . I have a great believe in Karma . Do good things , good things will happen to us , do bad things , bad things will haunt us back . As in my case , I made fun of people with accent as a result – I go to study at where the accent are widely used.

“Assalamuailaikum , name Mukris . Name aper?”
“Course aper?”
“Dari mane?”
That’s the common question that I always asked . Then I met Aariq , a friend from Gombak , who were also a friend of Reza Emir Rifhan , move to Kelantan for over a year now . He told me not to be afraid to learn kelantanese and terengganu accent , sometimes it do bring advantages.

HUH??

Will try to learn the accent . Sorry . sorry . pejaqqueedzraaimangsham n others.

I’ve realized now , never make fun of people with accent . How bad am I make fun of them while they trying to change the accent . Sorry . Dui Bui Qi . Maaf .

No comments: