Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tournament !!!!

As I hang out in my room, resting n recovering after finished my push-up routine, came along Fais who one of my comrade into my room.
“Boss, ko taw x ader tournament 2 minggu lg?” he said
“huh?? X taw pown akoo” I answered confusedly.

I’ve been training with the team but not even once they told me that there will be held a tournament. Well , maybe it’s not confirmed yet. Ok then. Let it be. 1st week , I just play touch rugby with them with my sports shoes since bombay’s boot have long gone r.i.p.. sorry bomby, can’t hold ‘em up.

“Bobby, next week free x??” Siam asked me.
“On jer” I answered confidently eventhough siam don’t even mention what to do on next week

And so it’s official, I’m in the team. Me and Pejal . So the first act to be done!!!! New boots.. There’s a story bout boots. Story that all sportsmen should noe..

New boots…

“guys , akoo nak kluar nie nak beli boots nie. Nak join?”
“owh okay.”

Trip to dungun town takes up 10 minutes of my time. Huh?? Ok as I arrived to the town. Ok my purpose, the sole purpose of me going out is to buy a new boots. My recent boots was bomby’s, and I have figured it out, the last time I bought a pair of boots is on 2007. my umbro, which was similar to rafi. I’m not planning to buy an adidas or umbro. Just seeking for a local brand as I will buy new boots when I’m at home. Looking along the rack, and I saw a white+gold boots. Specs. Made from Indonesia. Try it. And it seems quite comfort and ok. So I bought it for rm60. then off I went back to U.

Ok it’s evening, my preparation for the tournament is… regain my stamina. Six laps of rugby field and touch rugby. Well fair enough to gain it. There’s a saying bite ur boots, b4 it bites u. I bit it, but it seems I don’t bite strong enough. As I reached round 2, I felt pain at the heels. Huh??? Continue it anyway. But as I reached lap 4. O.m.G. can’t endure it anymore!!! Stop and change to my sports shoes.

So for every training b4 the tournament I use my sports shoes , instead of my boots. Am I goin’ to excel in the tournament? I haven’t got any connection with the boots.

The tournament

“okay, esok kul 7.00 pg kat dpn Tenggol k. akoo x nak lmbt” Siam brief us.

Next morning
7.15 a.m.
“hurm.. bestnyer tido, huh dah kul braper? 7.15 a.m. !! I’m dead”
Get ready as quick as possible and headed in front of tenggol office. Huh?? There’s plenty more who haven’t arrived it. Well anyway got into the bus and continue zzzzzzz….

An hours of sleeping and bouncing bus, we arrived at the destination, Sekolah Teknik Airport. Selamat Datang ke Kejohanan Ragbi Merdeka terbuka UMT. Got our ass off the bus and start to warm-up. As I reached my boots , I stunted… How am I goin to put my boots on? So much in pain!!! Then I saw Syami use his strapper to cover his wound, owh ok so I used the same method. Not in much pain after all. And so our first game was with Instep Jr.

“bobby, ko be ready taw.”Siam remind me.
Owh ok then. I watched the game, hurm pretty nice can’t win. Lead the game. And I entered during the second half. Managed to weave betweens opponent and also got punches by the opponent. I have no respect for dirty ruggers. And so we won the firs match.

The unique of the tournament is that, there’s a few of participant, no-shows. So after 1st game of thr group stage, we straightly went to the quarter finals. Opponent , Instep Old boys. Hurm.. this is what we called ‘terbaek’. Like before , won the game and I entered during the second half.Then off we went back home .

Next morning same routine . woke up late, and Siam pretty mad at us. Ok n.e.way
Next match is the semi-final and I forgot the name of the opponent. But I do remember the duration of me playing. Here’s the sequence
1. I got into the field(2nd half)
2. kick off
3. run towards the ball my teammate flick it but it’s away from me.
4. competition of a ball between me(diving towards it) and opponent(reaching his leg)
5. boom!!! I survive the opponent not huhuhu
6. scrum. Ball’s out and I quickly charged the fh.
7. fh smashed my nose with his elbow. OMG!!!!
8. Lying on the field and for the second time I bleed.
9. bye bye mukrisrahimyahaya.
The duration of me playing at semis was below than a minute. We won. And at the finals tough game. I surely not in the play team as my nose keep bleeding. But we won. And I got my first medal for 2009. Gold for cup, and rm50.
And so that’s it the 1st tournament of me for university.

photo on the way, Khalid x upload lg...

Have a gud day everyone..

No comments: